Posted on November 29 2016
We sat down with Malibu photographer Jack Platner, who took the photographs we printed on the new
Check out Jack's original film photographs below; he added a small description about where he took each photo and some thoughts that were bouncing around in his head.
Leave a comment at the bottom and let us know which photo is your favorite!
1. A young woman protesting police brutality at the Millions March. Los Angeles, 2014
2. A beautiful beach scene in a government controlled area. Costa Rica, 2016
3. A woman hoping to catch some lunch. Venice, 2016
4. I went looking for a waterfall and made a couple wrong turns. I ran directly into this boy who hit the brakes in front of us. He stopped just long enough for me to snap this picture. Costa Rica, 2016
5. The sun shining through the trees will never get old. Costa Rica, 2016
6. The tree seemed so out of place amongst the clouds. Costa Rica, 2016
7. This guy was selling rap CD’s on the boardwalk. I traded a photo of him hitting his vaporizer for a CD. Venice, 2016
8. Ive always been attracted to aircrafts. The tall buildings really set the mood for this picture. Los Angeles, 2016
9. Outdoors, big trees, and a body of water never disappoint. Sequoia National Park, 2013
10. I stuck my camera out the window, and the driver threw up a peace sign. Most people like to have their picture taken. Malibu, 2013
11. I’m glad he was behind the bars. New York, 2014
12. Another intriguing aircraft with a tall building landscape. New York, 2015
13. Buildings, and the light that casts upon them, make for great photos. New York 2015
14. Reflections are something I always look for. They are intriguing and make for lovely pictures. New York, 2015
15. My favorite spot to look out over my hometown. Malibu, 2015
16. My buddy Levi skating one of our favorite curbs. Brooklyn, 2015
17. Snowy trees in my backyard. New York, 2016
18. Sometimes a little bonfire is all you need. Upstate New York, 2016
19. I thought this car was cool. It jumped out in the night. Tennessee, 2015
Don't forget to leave a comment below and let us know which photo is your favorite!